The Government of South Australia and Veterans SA is pleased to be presenting the 2019 Veterans’ Information Day on Friday November 1st, 2019.
Following the success of last year’s Premier’s Town Hall Meeting, it was decided that a similar event would be held in 2019. During the planning process for this year’s event, a number of opportunities were presented that we felt would be beneficial for the entire veteran community and as such the Veterans’ Information Day has evolved.
The program for the day includes:
- The public launch of the SA Veterans Employment Program, which will also incorporate a presentation by The Princes Trust Australia;
- A presentation from Dr Mark Hinton and Jane Nursey from the Phoenix Australia Centre for Posttraumatic Mental Health;
- A financial education presentation from the Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation;
- A forum focused on The Partnerships Hub, at which we will present a summary of the successes of the first 18 month and will allow feedback to be provided by the veteran community; and
- The Premier’s Town Hall Meeting, at which the Premier will update the community on the progress of policy commitments relating to the Veterans’ Affairs portfolio, as well as to discuss any matters affecting the veteran community.
We are pleased to advise that lunch and refreshments will be provided for $5 per person (optional, to be paid in cash at the event). All proceeds from lunch will go to Operation K9.
Veterans SA would appreciate your assistance in the promotion of this event amongst your members and networks. We are pleased to provide the attached resources that are available to use in the promotion of this event, including:
- Social media graphic in sizes suitable for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- A3 poster for printing and display at your facility
Please link to the following event page on our website: https://veteranssa.sa.gov.au/event/2019-veterans-information-day/
This event is open for registration to all current and ex-serving ADF personnel, families and carers, ex-service organisations and anyone who has an interest in the veteran community. Attendees can opt to attend some or all events throughout the day.
Those who would like to attend can register here: https://2019veteransinformationday.eventbrite.com.au
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 8226 8552 or email@example.com.
Bec van Reesema
Engagement & Commemorations Officer